Requisition ID: req3508
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee began relief operations in Jordan in 2007. Working together with six national and international organizations, and 19 community-based organizations, the IRC has provided 20,000 vulnerable Iraqi refugees with humanitarian assistance, mental health support and informal education.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Administrative Assistant will support administration-related activities in IRC’s offices in Jordan (Country, Regional, Syria & SSU office). To undertake activities and perform duties in compliance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Facilitating and following –up on all administrative requirements of newly joining international staff, guests and TTAs (Temporary Transfer Assignment): tickets, visas, accommodation, work permits, annual residencies, shipment of personal belongings, finding apartment (if needed); in coordination with all related departments.
- Researching and booking flights, ground transportation and hotel accommodations, providing staff members with directions and guiding information.
- Assisting facilitators to conduct events/trainings in Jordan, including but not limited to creating detailed itineraries, submitting visa applications when needed and arranging flights, accommodation and transport.
- Communicating a weekly report in coordination with the Transport and Safety departments, of all travels, both incoming and out-going.
- Drafting all official correspondence letters, sorting and filing mails, documents and deliveries. Recording details of all IRC office mail pouches and international Skypack delivery and ensuring timely distribution to recipients.
- Raising PRs and preparing payments whenever needed.
- Handling the unit’s Petty cash.
- Maintaining inventory records for office supplies (stationery, cleaning and kitchen supplies, etc.) and promptly advise SC department of restocking needs.
- Performing all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor such as raising PRs, proceeding payments checking offices’ needs and other tasks.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Administrative Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Support Services Coordinator
Education: University degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 year of professional experience in office administration, preferably with an international NGO or multi-national firm.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, punctual, multi-tasker, problem-solver, flexible when needed working under pressure. Exceptional organizer with high time management sense, excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Language Skills: very good in Arabic and English
Certificates or Licenses: Proficiency in Microsoft Office
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.