Requisition ID: req4807
Job Title: Senior Integrated Education Officer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
This position will technically oversea and coordinate the different educational components under Child Protection (CP), Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Education. The role will ensure coordination and harmony across the different sectors and lead as example of this integrated approach.
- Support field base integration of education activities between CP, WPE and Education including outreach, registration, set-up of activities, monitoring of implementation;
- Facilitate bi-weekly cross-sector coordination meetings per site between WPE, CP, EDU;
- Document challenges and success stories, in close coordination with CP, WPE and EDU program managers;
- Conduct monitoring visits to Education BL(N) classes in Arsal and Minnieh, SHLS of child protection and WPE mobile services in North and Bekaa as needed;
- Report progress and challenges related to integrated pilot to WPE, CP and EDU Program Coordinators and the Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator (weekly/bi-weekly report);
- Supervision and quality monitoring of education activities in coordination with officers and assistants across the three sectors.
- Map educational opportunities offered by other education actors to ensure pathways for IRC beneficiaries across WPE, EDU and CP.
- Oversight of data collection and analysis related to the pilot (ASER, Attendance, TCO, etc.);
- Oversight of referral tracking, and follow-up between programs Plan/coordinate and oversee staff work plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities;
- Assist in recruiting field staff and provide the needed technical support during the implementation of education activities;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, ensuring a friendly and professional working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, observations and challenges with the Education management team;
- Oversea that the Teacher coaching and mentoring activities are being implemented successfully across the three sectors.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Education Coordinator
Position directly supervises: no direct reports
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Child Protection/WPE department officers
External: other NGOs working in education in Bekaa
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, a Teaching Diploma or related field is a must
- Experience in working with vulnerable and/or displaced communities
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive and professional attitude , including ability to work well in a team
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, and coordinate multiple tasks
- Experience in working with children and organizing activities is a plus
- Working experience in an NGO is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is mandatory. French speaking is a plus
Working Environment: Location is flexible, this position will be roving with at least half time spent traveling to Informal Settlements and non-formal schools, meeting with community leaders.