Requisition ID: req5294
Job Title: Multimedia Content Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The IRC global internal communications team is seeking a passionate visual storyteller (videographer/graphic designer) to help us tell compelling stories about the awe-inspiring work of our 11,000 employees across the USA and 40 countries worldwide. Based in our New York headquarters, you will also look after the knowledge and content management of RescueNet, our intranet platform which connects, inspires and informs our 11,000+ staff globally.
With the mentorship of the Director of Internal Communications and Senior Internal Communications Officer, you will partner with colleagues throughout the organization to craft digital and video content that develops understanding of organizational goals and priorities, cultivates engagement among employees, builds a positive relationship and between headquarters and the field.
- Produce short-term and long-term strategic digital and content, as identified by the Internal Communications team to inform and inspire staff
- Develop concepts for visual communications, including planning and content creation of large-scale campaigns, such as those deployed by our ethics and compliance unit and HR team
- Produce short “news-style” video updates on a regular basis to keep our global employees informed, work with translation agency to produce French and Arabic subtitles
- Serve as manager for videoing employee engagement events such as our bi-monthly “HQ Huddles” and senior leader events including the lead in, set-up, promotion and post-production needs.
- Champion our global intranet – RescueNet. Work with the Senior Global Communications Officer and IT team to help develop a strong network of pages. You'll help offer updated, compelling content for various teams and offices, while maintaining a consistent brand voice and style.
- Establish appropriate governance to ensure RescueNet content remains updated and accessible
- With IT, build a rigorous process for collecting, analyzing and reporting RescueNet usage metrics that drive a strategic approach to ongoing site improvements.
- Help the team to compile, update and maintain quarterly and annual reports that summarize and measure the effectiveness of our internal communication tactics, including emails, meetings, videos and RescueNet.
- Work closely with the global communications digital team to share best practices and resources in order to maximise alliances and productivity
- 1-2 years of experience and strong, general digital skills in producing engaging and eye-catching digital design and content
- You'll have a bachelor’s degree in digital design, video production or closely affiliated field. Education in communications/marketing to supplement the video production degree would be a plus.
- Your experience in producing compelling storytelling through a link to samples of your work is required. Examples in both short form (e.g. 30 seconds or less of video, short articles) to long form are desired
- Technology excites you, you know your way around Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop publishing tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience working with an intranet would be useful but it's not essential.
- You know what DLSR stands for! You possess a deep understanding of DSLR systems as well as other video equipment
- You work well with people and will build positive relationships with colleagues in HQ and throughout our field operations across many countries, while appreciating cultural differences
- Excellent organizational skills, including working deftly and effectively in a dynamic work setting, many times juggling multiple projects at a time.
- Good writing skills would a definite plus, as some writing is required
- French and/or Arabic are desirable but not required