Requisition ID: req6602
Job Title: CP Case Management Coaching Officer - Beirut
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The CP Case Management Coaching Officer will be responsible of representing the Inter Agency Coaching program in the North, South, Bekaa and Mount Lebanon regions, with a particular focus on providing case management technical support to partner agencies. This includes the Union for the Protection of Juveniles in Lebanon (UPEL), as well as, other key stakeholders who provide social services in the country. With the support of the CP Coaching Manager, the CP CM Coaching Officer will liaise with UNHCR and other Case Management (CM) agencies. The primary target of capacity building will be CP case management organizations in Mount Lebanon, the North, Bekaa and the South tasked with providing technical support to Outreach Volunteers.
The CP CM Coaching Officer will support the development and the facilitation of trainings, coaching sessions to UPEL in Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, North and South. Ensuring session materials are prepared in advance to the session, based on the needs identified by participants.
The CP CM Coaching Officer needs to have strong team player attitude, great organizational and analytical skills to document lessons learned throughout the implementation of the program as well as highlight concerns as and when needed.
The CP CM Coaching Officer will ensure regular monitoring and on site coach visits for UPEL case managers including field offices visits and monthly meetings; he/she will work closely with the CP reporting Coaching Officer and Case Management agencies.
- Read all briefing materials to have a solid understanding of IRCs partner’s technical strengths and responsibilities prior to working with them.
- Provide regular technical support for the Union for the Protection of Juveniles in Lebanon.
- Provide additional support to newly recruited staff from UPEL who may need additional technical guidance.
- Support team member to conduct the assessment of learning outcomes following sessions implemented for UPEL.
- Work closely with UPEL colleagues in the field to identify areas of mutual complementarity and approach capacity building in the spirit of partnership and cooperation.
- Organize, plan, prepare and document weekly learning sessions conducted for UPEL staff in the field. Coordinate the monthly coaching sessions for caseworkers throughout the year and provide child protection (CP) trainings as requested.
- Provide technical support for CP CM partners to empower case workers to take the lead in learning sessions.
- Provide structured learning sessions for CP caseworkers from national, local and international NGO’s.
- Provide core case management and other case management trainings such as BID amongst child protection specific topics.
- Attend bi-monthly Best Interests Determination (BID) panels.
- Disseminate information on refugee issues/assistance/services to CP CM organizations.
- Work with UPEL case managers’ to report on performance benchmarks and quality of performance during regular field visits making sure mutual expectations have been clarified and are monitored regularly.
- Support the logistical and coordination requirements of the Coaching Program (including raising Purchase requests, liaising with field procurement and regular contact with CP case management organizations)
Grant monitoring & Reporting:
- Gather and contribute to lessons learned of the coaching sessions and other CP coaching activities in the program.
- Draft weekly reporting on the Coaching activities implemented.
- Develop weekly and monthly plans for the assigned coaching activities.
- Ensure that all relevant financial documentation is completed accurately as required by IRC finance and supply chain.
Coordination & Representation:
- Regularly attend coordination meeting with CP Case management agencies.
- Attend Coaching team bi-weekly coordination meetings.
- Liaise and collaborate with CP Case management agencies when required.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partners and other IRC programs.
- Represent the Coaching Program at the CPIEWG in the North, South, Bekaa and ML, when available.
- Ensure activities are done in accordance with IRC logistics policy and in a timely manner to ensure the successful implementation of programs;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC Staff to adhere to THE IRC way Standards for Professional conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: CP Coaching Manager.
Position directly supervises: n/a
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: CP coordinator, CP team members and other teams within IRC
External: Stakeholders (Child protection case management agencies state and non-state actors)
- University degree in social work, public health,
- Child Protection experience is mandatory.
- Experience in working with children is mandatory
- Experience in working in NGO is preferable
- Two years of relevant work experience in the area of child protection preferably case management
- Experience in developing and facilitating trainings/ peer to peer sessions
- Ability to develop partnership, network and attend coordination meetings.
- Fluency in Arabic and English mandatory
- Proficient in word and excel
Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut, with 60% travel required to the South, Bekaa and the North.