Requisition ID: req6704
Job Title: Psychosocial Support Experts to Support Staff-Facing Counseling and Training Program
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: IRC Global
The IRC is seeking qualified candidates to join a diverse roster of psychosocial experts, who would be called upon as external consultants in support of IRC’s staff care initiative. Candidates would be called upon to provide psychosocial support to IRC staff members who had experienced a critical incident (individually and in group sessions) and to provide group training activities for staff in topics like self-care, vicarious trauma, and grief/loss processing. IRC is seeking candidates to work with staff members locally and also regionally in the US and International field sites. Interested professionals with relevant expertise would be added to the roster and contacted on a case by case basis when work opportunities match their profile.
The IRC is interested in candidates that could offer any of the following:
- Individual face to face counseling sessions (in person and remotely) with IRC staff that need /request psychosocial support and attention.
- Comfortable providing short-term counseling and offering a strengths-based approach to supporting clients
- Group sessions with staff to facilitate dialogue around the challenges associated with humanitarian contexts. Topics required could include coping with grief; coping following a critical incident; understanding the impact of secondary and vicarious trauma; staying resilient while living in a crisis situation; supporting others who are affected by crisis; other related topics.
- When needed, provide training for staff and leadership in psychosocial topics including stress and stress management; self-care skills; psychological first aid, and related topics.
- At this time IRC is only accepting candidates who are geographically based in the following regions:
o West Africa
o Central Africa
o El Salvador