Job Title: Intern - Housing Support and Logistics
Employment Category: Intern
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK:
Meeting refugees housing needs are a critical part of their resettlement process in the United States. Refugees’ housing situation affects their ability to be employed, their access to public services, and integration with the community. The Intern will support the Case Workers in planning and delivering essential housing program activities, including outreach, home visits and workshops for refugee and asylee clients.
- Preparing for refugees’ arrival in the U.S.
- Preparing apartments for arrival (including shopping for household necessities, aiding in arranging furniture).
- Mediating between landlords and refugees/asylees.
- Conduct occasional visits to refugees’ homes.
- Arrange store/donor delivery.
- Research on in-kind donations.
- Assist in the organization and long term projects for the advancement of the Case Management Department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Interns will gain intimate knowledge of the refugee arrival process.
- Candidates will learn how to utilize communication and organizational skills in working with different departments/reaching out to clients, external partners, and donors.
- Interns will gain experience working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Energetic, empathetic, organized and ready to do a variety of jobs.
- Creative and willing to assist with long-term projects.
- Willing to adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
This position reports to the Housing & Logistics Coordinator.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Work related driving is eligible for reimbursement at the charitable mileage rate
- Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than 2 years post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation available if the student submits the appropriate paperwork to the Volunteer Specialist.