Requisition ID: req2520
Job Title: Digital Content Manager
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-Silver Spring, MD
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 37 countries and 26 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In the U.S., the IRC supports newly arrived refugees admitted to the United States by providing initial basic support and an expanding array of extended services through a network of staff members and volunteers, enabling refugees to establish new lives and become self-sufficient, productive citizens. Overseas, in addition to numerous humanitarian assistance programs, the IRC operates the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) for East Asia based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Implemented by the IRC, the Cultural Orientation Resource Exchange (CORE) is a technical assistance program designed to strengthen linkages between overseas CO programs offered at all RSCs globally and CO delivered as part of reception and placement activities conducted upon refugees’ arrival.
SCOPE OF WORK:
CORE’s technical assistance approach aims to maximize digital technology to engage and support geographically dispersed staff from numerous resettlement organizations. CORE also uses digital channels to enhance pre-departure and post-arrival communication with refugees. As such, CORE hosts and manages the CORE website, an Online CO Certification Course, the Resettlement Navigator website, the Settle In mobile app, YouTube and SoundCloud channels, and an SMS dashboard, in addition to utilizing a large internal multimedia and resource library.
Reporting to CORE’s Education and Curriculum Officer and working in coordination with other CORE staff, the Digital Content Manager is responsible for managing CORE’s digital assets and platforms including tagging, storage, organization, maintenance, and back-end content management. The position will oversee routine digital analytics and make Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other recommendations to improve traffic on digital channels. Writing content descriptions and editing multimedia assets may be also be required.
- Prioritizing the users’ experience, ensure that CORE’s digital channels achieve the highest industry standards of functionality, organization, and visual appeal;
- Manage content on CORE’s digital channels using WordPress content management systems and other relevant software;
- Edit multimedia assets to platform specifications as needed;
- Establish and evaluate digital analytics mechanisms submitting routine reports and making recommendations to increase traffic to and use of CORE’s digital resources;
- Assist with user testing and other assessments of CORE digital platforms as needed;
- Develop, manage, and maintain CORE’s digital photo and video library, including a consistent tagging and search system;
- Manage digital content in CORE’s internal shared files;
- Provide support to the CORE staff in the delivery, recording, and posting of webinars;
- Collaborate with other CORE staff to ensure maximum visibility and integration of all new CORE resources;
- Represent CORE at meetings, internal and external workshops and conferences, and other events as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, library science, multimedia journalism, communications, or a related field required;
- Minimum 1-3 years related work experience, preferably including library science, knowledge management, and/or content management;
- Experience with WordPress website content management and familiarity with HTML required;
- Experience with online learning software, webinar technology, social media for social good campaigns, and multimedia production and editing strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience using digital analytics tools (Google Analytics) and SEO strongly preferred;
- Strong commitment to social service or humanitarian assistance programs and willingness to adhere to IRC’s code of conduct;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and Cultural Orientation programs preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines;
- Detail orientated and self-directed;
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Solid computer skills: facility with Microsoft Office, email/internet, and audio/video editing software