Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is one of the most prominent international organizations working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance program for Syrian refugees is IRC Jordan includes both camp-based (Za’atari and Azraq camps) and urban based refugee assistance (Mafraq, Ramtha, Irbid). In the host communities, the IRC's assistance programs focus on the provision of comprehensive GBV prevention and response as well as primary and reproductive health services to urban refugees and vulnerable Jordanians through the operation of two clinics and three women’s centers. The IRC’s Women’s Protection & Empowerment (WPE) program in Jordan focuses on interventions that prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV), specifically violence against Syrian and Jordanian women and girls, in the light of the Syrian crisis. The prevention component focuses on raising awareness of the IRC’s WPE services and on starting reflection within communities on the power unbalances and dynamics condoning and perpetuating violence against women and girls. The response component involves providing comprehensive psychosocial support services, including GBV case management and counselling. Activities and services designed to meet the specific needs of adolescent girls and their caregivers and child survivors of GBV are also organized. Finally, the IRC WPE Program leads different capacity building initiatives of national non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations.
SCOPE OF WORK
The WPE Deputy Program Manager: Women’s Centers is responsible for assisting the WPE Program manager in the overall implementation of activities in the women’s centers. With direct management support from the WPE Program Manager, she/he will ensure that the goals and objectives of the IRC’s women’s centers actvities (case management, counseling, adolescent groups, parenting courses, gender discussion groups & recreational activities) are met in a timely and effective manner. This includes activities implemented by sub-grantees and partners through the IRC’s women’s centers as well as by the IRC staff. The WPE Deputy Program Manager: Women’ Centers will coordinate activities in two clinics and three women’s centers, and will provide management support to the staff and volunteers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Program management and implementation
- Support the WPE Program Manager and WPE team to plan and implement all activities related to women’s centers and clinics, including preparation and compilation of work plans for each program component. This includes activities being implemented by sub-grantees in the women’s centers.
- In collaboration with the WPE Service Delivery Specialist, provide technical support and mentoring to partners and IRC staff for the implementation of women’s center activities.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Work in close collaboration with the WPE Program Manager to prepare a procurement plan for women’s center activities.
- Take the lead in the overall procurement for the women’s centers, including submitting procurement requests, and following up with supply chain on procurement and delivery.
- Assist the WPE team in identifying adequate supplies, materials and equipment needed to implement mobile activities.
2. Human resources
- Assist the Program Manager with recruitment requests, contracts extensions, timesheets, services contracts, and other aspects of human resources management.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure adequate follow up on all human resources issues.
- Supervise WPE Senior officers; coordinate with the Program Manager to support individual and team capacity building and mentoring.
- Supervise and organize training as needed.
- Support, under the lead of the WPE Program Manager and WPE Service Delivery Specialist, capacity building and mentoring plans for counselors and supervisors.
3. Information, reporting and data collection
-Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly data collection.
-Support the WPE Program Manager to prepare bi-weekly, monthly and donor reports.
-Co-facilitate with the WPE Program Manager and the Deputy Program Manager: Partnerships & Mobile Activities all team meetings; ensure documentation and regular internal communication.
- Maintain program files.
4. Representation and coordination
- Represent WPE program in coordination meetings as needed.