Requisition ID: req5343
Job Title: Field HR Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Field Human Resources Officer will support the Human Resources Manager and ensuring that the IRC field offices (Beitbridge, Chiredzi, Chipinge, Chimanimani and Nyanga) are supported by the department. The incumbent will be moving between IRC field offices ensuring that IRC’s internal clients are assisted.
Human Resources Administration
- Support with staff leave administration and timesheet management at field level.
- Assisting in the implementation of Human Resources Policies and Procedures, the IRC Way Professional Code of Conduct, local labour statutory instruments such as the SI 15 of 2006, Labour Act Chapter 28:01 and the NEC Code of Conduct.
- Support the HR Manager with staff contract management by monitoring employee contract’s expiry dates and renewal at field level.
- Assist in the submission of monthly reports such as the HR Strategic Metrics, cash forecasts.
- Support the HR Manager with the quarterly Operations scorecard objectives.
Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Participating in recruitment efforts through Cornerstone.
- Assist in the posting job adverts and organizing or shortlisting CVs and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process.
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
- Preparing new employee files.
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation such as banking details, NSSA forms, provident fund, medical aid forms etc.
- Arrange for orientation of new employees to the organization.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Assist in the processing payroll, which includes preparation of payroll input documentation such as leave forms, salary deductions from the finance department, supporting documentation for salary changes etc.
- Ensuring monthly statutory payments are made such as NSSA, PAYE, NEC.
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Ensuring that the payroll vendor’s quarterly payments are made.
- Maintaining current HR files and databases (Workday).
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Assist staff who are being separated from the organization in completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews.
Field Office Administration
- Ensuring timely payments are made to internet service provider at field level.
- Payment of utility bills at field level, electricity and council water at field level.
- Ensuring that telephone bills are paid timeously for the Harare office and all field offices.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, Administration, Psychology or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience
- Experience using the Belina Payroll System