Requisition ID: req6899
Job Title: Procurement Manager - Quality Assurance & Support for Partners
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Amman, Jordan
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Procurement Manager - Quality Assurance & Support for Partners is responsible for supporting key components of a USAID's Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA)-funded program that includes health and nutrition; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and shelter activities to support conflict-affected populations. Entitled Amal (“hope” in Arabic), the consortium will include international and Syrian partners with humanitarian response capacity.
Pending donor approval of an award modification, the respective Manager will work within IRC Syria’s Supply Chain Team, reporting to Senior Supply Chain Manager. He / She has a responsibility to carry comprehensive reviews for procurement files submitted by AMAL partners and study all aspects of quality assurance and competitive bidding, and compliance to minimum standards, while adhering to the policies and procedures of partners, and OFDA regulations. Also, to support partners in developing detailed procurement plans and follow up on the implementation, and provide necessary technical mentorship.
Procurement Quality Assurance and Support
- Conversant in the implementation and / or maintenance of the partner organization procurement Standard Operating Procedures, systems, and tools in adherence to the terms condition of the sub-award agreement, and in compliance with OFDA donor regulations.
- Advice partners on the procurement processes carried and in reference to IRC supply chain principles for partners and donor policies.
- In coordination with the respective partners and following their sourcing strategy, be available to participate in the procurement committee meetings if necessary, or provide remote mentorship and advice on the proceedings.
- Attend routine communication, coordination and planning convening forums with partners with regard to sourcing and delivery of supplies.
- Monitor the entire procurement management process following the threshold set under special conditions for each respective partner. In liaison with the AMAL project team, conduct a spot check of the processes, identify the gaps and advise on the correction action plan.
- Coordinate the procurement management and practices of the partners implementing the project, with attention to technical quality and consideration to minimum standards to be respected throughout the implementation.
- Monitor the procurement plans and actual implementation for completion of successful delivery, and report on the progress to colleagues and peers on monthly basis.
- Continuously assess risks and guarantee mitigation measures applied by each partner, moreover report any unforeseen challenges during the procurement processing and advice on necessary measures that were or need to be considered.
- Review partner procurement processes applied and provide recommendations and/or guide their respective staff on necessary corrective action to ensure sub-grant and US Government policies are respected.
- Monitor adherence to special conditions outlined in sub-grant agreements and report any ambiguity which need to be attended by IRC and / or the concerned partner management members.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain colleagues and peers with regard to recommended partners Capacity Building, and support on the implementation outlined in each Partner Support Plan.
- Review Partners’ preparation to Procurement plans and advice on their sourcing strategy and proceedings.
- Provide technical oversight, advice and guidance on, all aspects of the procurement management for AMAL project, ensuring high quality in-line with standard methodologies and international standards;
Partnership Coordination and Support
- Champion robust partner relationship management characterized by the core partnership principles from IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) of responsibility, results-oriented approach, equality, transparency and complementarity
- Ensure appropriate proactive and reactive communications and engagement with IRC partners to implement sub-grant agreements and complete program deliverables through regularly scheduled partnership management meetings
- Assist the SC for Partnerships to Drive adherence to PEERS by working with AMAL project team and partners to complete quarterly monitoring visits and lesson learned reflections
- Support Supply Chain Manager for Partnership in Facilitating detailed partner feedback on IRC's management of and performance in partnerships, as well as taking appropriate action in response to the feedback to ensure the smooth operation of the consortium
- Upon request of the SC Coordinator for Partnership, support on crafting· and/or participate in relevant workshops and meetings to support coordination and collaboration, including quarterly partner monitoring visits and training events.
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Indirect/Technical Reporting: N/A
Position directly Supervises: N/A
Key Internal Contacts:
Country Program: Deputy Director for Operations, Supply Chain Coordinator, Deputy Chief of Party, MEAL Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Protection in Partnership Advisor, WASH/Shelter in Partnership Advisor,
Region/Global: Global Supply Chain staff
Key External Contacts: Amal partner organizations
- University Degree;
- Engineering degree is helpful, or equivalent and procurement knowledge,
- At least 6 years of relevant experience working on procurement and supply chain within humanitarian organizations
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations for procurement is an asset
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to balance pressure with professional grace
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills with ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic Language
- Familiarity with the political, social, cultural, humanitarian and donor context of Syria is ideal
- Willingness to travel frequently to various region in the region.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Working Environment: The overall security situation in Jordan is relatively calm, especially in Amman. The Jordanian government is stable, and civil unrest is largely peaceful. However, Jordan’s generosity in hosting refugees from Palestine, Iraq and now Syria have created huge strains on the country’s economy and infrastructure. The IRC office is in a modern professional building.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.