IRC (International Rescue Committee) Deutschland is looking for a
Project Finance Manager (m/f/d)
ECHO and German donors
Berlin/Bonn | as soon as possible
Full-time | initially 2 years
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. The International Rescue Committee Deutschland is part of the IRC global network. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
IRC Germany was established in 2016 in order to further enhance the profile of the German humanitarian and development sector and to provide further opportunities for advocacy on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, IRC-DE has grown rapidly and has representations in Bonn and Berlin. It is working with major German statutory donors, like the German Federal Foreign Office, KfW, and GIZ. IRC-DE is also cooperating with German civil society organizations. The IRC in Europe also has offices in Brussels, Geneva, and London, and a sister organization in The Hague.
To strengthen our Finance capacity, we are currently looking for a Finance Manager (m/f/d) who contributes to the effective financial planning, monitoring, oversight and control of the implementation of all projects funded by ECHO and German statutory donors.
- Conduct critical reviews and quality control of project budgets and financial reports
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete proposals to ECHO and German statutory donors
- Monitor grant receipts and allocate funds as well as expenditure
- Maintain budget reports and allocate overhead
- Ensure control of grant budgets, cash flow and funding
- Review payment requests
- Carry out reconciliations
- Manage communication with implementing partners finance teams and IRC-DE Finance team
- Support the fiscal year end and statutory audit processes
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to ECHO and German statutory donors
- Conduct expenditure verifications on implementing partners’ activities, incl. on-the-spot checks
- Review partners reports, sample of transactions and supporting documents
- University degree in accounting, business management or similar
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Working experience as a finance professional with ECHO/EC/German government funded grants or grants funded by similar donors
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Being part of a highly motivated, cross-cultural team in a growing organization
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- A number of employee benefits such as company pension scheme, gym membership, public transportation, cycle to work scheme
- 30 days of annual leave
- Training and development opportunities
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. We will therefore publish this role until filled. There is no fixed application deadline.
Candidates must have the right to work in Germany.
Initial contract duration will be 24 months. However, we are looking to turn this into a permanent, long-term working relationship. This role may either be located in Bonn or Berlin.
Please submit your application (cover letter including preferred location, possible start date and salary expectations, CV, min. three references) via IRCs application platform. Please note that applications submitted via E-Mail cannot be considered.
For questions and detailed information about the role, please contact Christine Mader, HR Manager (email@example.com).
For further information, please visit our website IRCDeutschland.de.
IRC-DE strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-DE is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We therefore prefer applicants not to submit a photo with their application.